I've talked a bit before in this blog about the importance of practitioners keeping spiritually protected during treatments, and also about maintaining good spiritual hygene in one's healing space. There are very basic methods that pretty much anyone can employ to good effect - such as visualizing a protective bubble of White Light surrounding one's aura before a treatment, or smudging a healing space to help clear out stagnant or heavy energies that may have accumulated.
But these most elementary techniques can sometimes fall somewhat short in some situations. So what can one do to easily "up the ante" in the spiritual protection department? Today I will present an intermediate visualization ritual that can be used to clear or charge one's aura, or one's practice area. These are based on very well established methods of banishing unwanted energies and creating a protective sphere, as well as of super-charging that sphere with Light. A basic version can be carried out by any practitioner, or a more specific version can be utilized by those with Reiki II or IIIM-T training. As long as you are comfortable with the four Archangels - Raphael, Gabriel, Michael and Uriel - you can use this method.
The general outline of this visualization will go thusly - after centering yourself, you establish the boundary of the sphere of space you want cleared and protected, and in some cases charged. This sphere can be as small as your aura, the room your practice healing in, or as large as a house. (Really the size of the sphere is only limited by your own imagination, but for the purposes of this visualization we'll stick to it surrounding either the aura or your healing space.) After establishing the boundaries of the sphere, which can be reinforced with Reiki symbols, or symbols of your personal faith, you will call in the four Archangels to either protect the sphere, or to aid in charging the sphere with Light. Once the sphere is attending by the angels, you re-affirm your center and can then proceed with your healing work.
Each of the four Archangels that we are going to be call upon, govern a particular quadrant of space. Namely North, South, East, or West. They also each govern the traditional element that is associated with that cardinal direction, North-Earth, South-Fire, East-Air, West-Water. By calling upon these four Archangels, you are also calling in the spiritual attributes of each element. Some of the major associations are regeneration, stability, and abundance for Earth; passion, transformation, and willpower for Fire; intellect, inspiration, and healing for Air; and emotions, intuition, unconscious and subconscious levels of being, and purification for Water. By clearing out old, stagnant, or otherwise unhelpful energies of each element and direction, and then calling on all four for a fresh influx of energy, you are essentially creating a clear and balanced sphere of all the elements and Divine energies in Creation. A perfect area for healing work to take place in!
Let's now outline the visualization. If it is the first time you will be performing this, take a few seconds beforehand to identify the four cardinal directions. If you are going to be doing this clearing for a healing space, you'll want to place yourself in the center of it before beginning. If it is just for your aura, then it can be performed anywhere. Feel free to burn any spiritually uplifting incense, such as frankincense or sandalwood. If you wish you can play calming background music, or light some candles - but essentially the only prop you need for this is your own imagination.
1)Stand in the center of the space facing East, and take a few seconds to calm and relax your body and mind with some slow, deep breaths.
2)When you are relaxed let your consciousness affirm your connection to Source in whatever way is most appropriate for you. This could be holding the hands in prayer position over the heart while chanting a mantra, or simply saying "Namaste" to the Universe. It could be reciting the Lord's Prayer. It could be anything that makes you strongly feel your connection to the Divine, and affirms to you that you are also Divine.
3)Once you are centered and connected, walk to where you want the boundary line to be in the East. If this is just for your aura, then the length of your arm will do. Once in the East point your index finger in front of you, imagining it lit up with Blue-White Light. If you are of a particular faith which has a central Divine symbol (the Hindu or Tibetan OM, the Christian Cross, the Wiccan banishing pentagram, etc) draw this symbol large in front of you, visualizing it being drawn with the Light. If you are a Reiki II practitioner, the CKR works very well for this. If you do not adhere to any particular faith, and are not a Reiki II practitioner, then simply strongly affirm the presence of the Light.
4)When you are finished drawing the symbol, strongly affirm the intent for the symbol & sphere to banish any unwanted energies. Then, bring your finger back into the center of the Eastern quadrant. Then continue to hold your finger level, drawing a line of Light around to the Southern quadrant (you are creating the equator of your sphere). At the South, repeat the drawing of the symbol, or affirmation of the Light.
5)When you are finished drawing the symbol, strongly affirm the intent for the symbol & sphere to banish any unwanted energies. Then, bring your finger back into the center of the Southern quadrant. Next, continue to hold your finger level, drawing a line of Light around to the Western quadrant (you are continuting the creation of the equator of your sphere). At the West, repeat the drawing of the symbol, or affirmation of the Light.
6)When you are finished drawing the symbol, strongly affirm the intent for the symbol & sphere to banish any unwanted energies. Then, bring your finger back into the center of the Western quadrant. Next, continue to hold your finger level, drawing a line of Light around to the Northern quadrant (you are continuting the creation of the equator of your sphere). At the North, repeat the drawing of the symbol, or affirmation of the Light.
7)When you are finished drawing the symbol, strongly affirm the intent for the symbol & sphere to banish any unwanted energies. Then, bring your finger back into the center of the Northern quadrant. Next, continue to hold your finger level, drawing a line of Light back around to the Eastern quadrant (you are completing the creation of the equator of your sphere).
8)When you reach the East, make sure to complete the circle of Light by coming to rest in the same spot that you started from. Affirm that the circle of Light is now complete. Now take a deep breath, and as you release it, concentrate on your intent to clear the sphere of unwanted energies while strongly visualizing that the line of Blue-White Light around you begins to expand, with the energy creating and filling both hemispheres upwards and downwards simultaneously. (If you have trouble visualizing both directions at once, you can have one exhale bring one hemisphere up, and another bring the other hemisphere down.) You are now standing within a sphere of shining Blue-White Light.
9)Now walk back to the center of the circle where you began and continue to face East.
10) Call upon the Archangel of the East, Raphael. This is easily done by chanting his name. As you call upon him, visualize him rising upwards in front of you, facing away from you in a protective stance. If you can add in visual elements that are Airy - such as a wind blowing through his robes. If you are especially visual, the color yellow is the most appropriate for the attire of Raphael of the East. When you feel that he is strongly present, you may move on.
11) Call upon the Archangel of the West, Gabriel. Again, chanting the name works well. As you call, visualize him/her rising upwards behind you, facing away from you in a protective stance. If you can, visualize Watery elements, such as running water at his feet, or rain. The color blue is the most appropriate for the attire of Gabriel of the West. When you feel that s/he is strongly present, you may move on.
12) Call upon the Archangel of the South, Michael. As you call, visualize him rising upwards to your right, facing away from you protectively. If you are able, add visual elements of Fire - giving him a fiery sword is especially powerful. Red is the most appropriate color for his robes. When you feel that he is strongly present, you may move on.
13) Call upon the Archangel of the North, Uriel. As you call, visualize him/her rising upwards to your left, facing away from you protectively. Earthy elements are good here, such as crops, or grass, and earthtones such as brown or olive are appropriate robe colors for Uriel. When you feel s/he is strongly present, you may complete the visualization.
14) Take a moment to bask in the energy created by the four Archangels. Let it permeate you and fully permeate the space. Strongly affirm the completed and gaurded circle of clearance and protection. Thank the Archangels for their protection and ask that they stay with you.
15) When you are ready to conclude, bring your consciousness back to your center, and re-affirm your connection to the Divine. It is done!
This may seem like a long and involved visualization, but once you are thoroughly familiar with it it need only take about 3-5 minutes to complete. When you are completely intimate with it and the energies that it creates, you can simply visualize yourself going through the motions (while still standing in the center) and it will be completely effective - which is great if you wish to do it while you have a client present.
Again, this is a fantastic tool for practitioners of all kinds to have in thier spiritual hygiene repetoir. And Reiki II practitioner can have one more use of the CKR symbol to practice with!
So the steps outlined above create a space clear of unwanted energetic influences, and a boundary of angelic protection. Now what if you'd like to charge that sphere up with large amounts of Light energy? Doing so can be extremely helpful if you know that a particular client is in need of extra energetic support, or you simply would prefer to work in an energetically charged atmosphere (as opposed to a neutral one, such as we've just created). Charging up one's aura can also add another layer of protection, as it is even more difficult for unwanted influence to gain access to our energy bodies if they are not only protected, but charged with Light.
The following steps are simply a modified version of the above ritual, with the changed intent of charging as opposed to clearing.
Please always CLEAR FIRST, then charge.
If you are a Reiki IIIM-T use your DKM or other system's Master Symbol. If you are of a faith that has a specific symbol that encapsulates the invocation of White Light go through the following steps for the strongest effect. If you do not have a different symbol to use, you can always use the same symbol that you used in the clearing - just make sure to be clear that this time the intent in to invoke a great deal of Light.
1) After creating your cleared and protected sphere, and having brought yourself back to center, take a moment to concentrate on your new intent to charge the sphere with Light.
2) With the new intent walk back to the East, as you did in the beginning. Again visualize your finger as glowing with Golden White Light. Draw your Light symbol as before, affirming its intention to bring in large amounts of Light. When finished bring your finger back to the center of the Eastern quadrant, then draw the equator line as you walk to the South.
3) Repeat step 2 at the South, West, and North.
4) Complete your equator of light in the East. Take a deep breath and on the exhale visualize the hemisphere rising above and descending below to create a sphere of extremely bright, Golden White Light.
5) Call on each Archangel as before - only this time see them turn inwards towards you pouring their Light energy into the circle. Start with Raphael in the East in front of you, then Gabriel in the West behind you, Michael in the South to your right, and then Uriel in the North to your left.
6) Take a few moments to visualize the power of the four Archangels pouring into the sphere. You may wish to beam Reiki, or other healing energy into the circle as well to be a proactive member of this creation process. Feel the sphere filling up completely, becoming permeated with the Golden White Light.
7) When you feel that the sphere is full, affirm the creation of this charged sphere of Light. Thank the Archangels for their presence and ask that they stay with you.
8) When you are ready to conclude, bring your consciousness back to your center, and re-affirm your connection to the divine. If you need to ground any excess energies, then do so.
You are now protected by and aided energetically by the four Archangels!!
If you do not wish to work with symbols, or want an abbreviated version of the charging (still make sure to go through the entire clearing first though), at the conclusion of the clearing, simply go straight to the visualization of the four Archangels turning inwards to charge the sphere.
The more often you practice this, the stronger and more clear the visualizations will be, and the more palpably you will be able to feel the presence and energy of the Archangels.
Using this visualization can be a fantastic way to make the aquaintance of these Archangels, and introduce their energies into your healing practice. Over time you may become aware of them being actively involved with your healing work. Michael and Raphael are with me during nearly every healing session now. It's great having 2 extra sets of hands to help with the work...and the wings can do wonders, too!
In any case, experimenting with various methods of psychic cleansing, protection, and charging are an important part of energetic practice. This is one that is particularly powerful. It not only works extremely well prophalactically, but it can be used after you realize there's been a energetic breach and you are in need of emergency clearance.
One doesn't need to be a healing practitioner to use this. This visualization will work for anyone who wishes energetic clearance, protection and charging. It can be a wonderful practice for those who are ill or are prone to illness, or for those who work in energetically challenging environments such as hospitals, or public service, or for anyone who would like to increase their energetic health and maintain a healthy subtle balance.
Those who resonate with this visualization and who decide to practice it daily, will notice a strongly positive shift in their energy body, and any areas where they regularly use this. Using the clearing and charging in the morning can be a fantastic preparation for the day ahead, and may even replace the need for morning stimulants like coffee! Using the clearing at night (you may find the charging too high-voltage just before bed, so it's not recommended for most) can help rid you of any psychic dust, calm the energy and mind, and provide you with Divine companionship and protection as you journey through the dream realms.
I invite those who feel interested to try this visualization and see how it works for them!
Many blessings on your healing journey!